TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman will open the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Baseball Tournament with a matchup against Anderson University today (May 10) at 12:30 p.m. at Franklin College.
The entire tournament will be hosted by top-seeded Franklin College. The tournament bracket is below.
Thursday May 10
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman has won six consecutive games to enter the HCAC Tournament at 19-21 overall.
* Rose-Hulman went 5-1 down the stretch to vault into the No. 3 seed for this week's event.
* The Fightin' Engineers have faced a challenging schedule including four games against nationally ranked teams. RHIT defeated No. 14 Webster 4-1 in March.
* Rose-Hulman won the 2014 and 2016 HCAC Tournament titles, later advancing to the championship game of the NCAA Division III Central Regional each season.
Players to Watch:
* Luke Buehler leads the HCAC with a 1.41 ERA this season. Buehler, a two-time HCAC Pitcher of the Week, is 4-4 with 57 strikeouts in 63.2 innings of work.
* The starting rotation has also featured Clayton Mayfield (4-3, 3.95); Trever Bruno (2-4, 3.83); and Chuck Alexa (2-2, 5.01).
* Rose-Hulman has six pitchers with a save this season, led by two saves from Alexa and Ben Yoss.
* Rose-Hulman is batting .285 as a team with 67 doubles, 11 triples and 6 home runs. Logan Cody leads the team in hitting at .337.
* The Fightin' Engineers have six regular starters and eight total players batting above the .300 mark.
* Ryan Stachowski leads Rose-Hulman in extra base hits with 10 doubles, one triple and two home runs. Davis Robeson has added nine doubles and three triples.