TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Fightin' Engineers will host Millikin University on Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Rose-Hulman Night Game, presented by First Financial Bank.
WHITE OUT & GIVING BACK:
* Rose-Hulman's student spirit group "The Herd" is hosting its annual major home football event on Saturday night.
* The first 300 students arriving will receive a free T-shirt as part of a "White Out" of shirts and apparel in the Cook Stadium grandstand.
* The Herd is also sponsoring a canned food drive at Saturday night's game. All fans are encouraged to participate in our efforts to help local food shelters.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 1-0 after defeating Illinois College 33-32 last week. The Fightin' Engineers defended a two-point conversion attempt with no time left on the clock to secure the win.
* Senior Matt Murray was named HCAC Special Teams Player of the Week for his efforts at Illinois College. Murray finished 2-2 on field goals and 3-3 on extra points, while averaging 42.7 yards per punt.
* Senior Kaelen Garner was named to the D3football.com National "Team of the Week" for his performance at Illinois College. Garner led the team with three sacks among his nine tackles.
* Rose-Hulman ranks No. 1 in NCAA Division III with seven sacks this season.
* Senior Raymond Burtnick led the offense with 118 receiving yards and two touchdowns in last week's win.
* Senior Alec Thompson has been named a first-team preseason All-American by Street & Smith's, HeroSports and D3football.com.
* Rose-Hulman has been picked to finish second in the HCAC this season, according to the league's preseason coaches poll.
* Rose-Hulman received two votes in this week's D3football.com Weekly Top 25 poll.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Millikin won its opener 76-3 over Greenville on Aug. 31.
* Nicco Stepina led the offense by finishing 23-32 through the air for 306 yards and seven touchdowns. Jordan Smith had three receptions for three touchdowns.
* The Millikin defense allowed just 141 yards and forced one turnover in the opening night victory.
* Rose-Hulman and Millikin are tied 4-4. Rose-Hulman won 26-14 last season in the team's first meeting since 1932. Last year's victory was the first for Rose-Hulman over Millikin since 1908.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Rose-Hulman and Millikin met for the first time since 1934 last season, and the Fightin' Engineers earned their first victory over the Big Blue since 1908 last fall in a 26-14 decision.