TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (2-1) hosts Defiance College (0-3) in a Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matchup on Saturday at 1:30 p.m.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman swept the HCAC Offensive and Defensive Player of the Week awards this week.
* Andrew Dion was named Offensive Player of the Week after finishing 20-35 through the air for 319 yards and four passing touchdowns, while also rushing for 72 yards and another score in the Hanover win.
* Mike Riley was named Defensive Player of the Week after recording six tackles, 3.5 tackles-for-loss and three sacks (including a forced and recovered fumble) in the victory.
* Dion is 60-102 in passing so far this season (58.8%) for 863 yards and nine TDs. Raymond Burtnick has a team-high six TDs among his 14 catches for 183 yards. Zack Murphy has 335 yards on 15 receptions (22.3 avg.) and Noah Thomas has 18 receptions for 186 yards.
* On the ground, Garrett Wight has a team-high 180 yards and Stanley Hogan has added 142.
* Defensively, John Kirby leads the team with 27 tackles and had 14 last week. Kirby also had a 50-yard interception return to earn a spot on the D3football.com National Team of the Week.
* As a team, Rose-Hulman ranks second nationally in NCAA Division III in sacks at 5.3 per game.
* Matt Murray leads the special teams at 5-5 on field goals, 10-10 on extra points and a 40.4 punting average.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Defiance stands 0-3 after facing a difficult schedule so far in 2017 (Baldwin Wallace, Hope, Franklin).
* The Yellow Jackets best performance of the season was last week at Franklin. Defiance trailed the traditional HCAC power just 14-6 at hafltime.
* Quarterback Logan Mico has led the offense (40-62, 363 yards, 1 TD) with support from Corey Bennett (166 rushing yards) and DeVonte Cravin (10 rec., 164 yards).
* Defensively, Jalin Nealy has a team-high 27 tackles and Markell Moncrief leads the squad with two interceptions.
SAMARITAN'S FEET GAME:
* On Saturday, the Rose-Hulman football team is wearing Blue Wrist Bands to support the global efforts of the Samaritan's Feet organization.
* Samaritan's Feet has helped distribute over 6 million shoes in 75 countries and 325 United States cities to those without shoes or adequate footwear worldwide.
* Fans can help the combined efforts of the Heartland Conference and the Fightin' Engineers with a $10 contribution at the concession stand. Follow #ShoesOfHope for updates.
* Rose-Hulman leads Defiance 6-5 in a series that began when the Fightin' Engineers joined the HCAC in 2006.
* The Fightin' Engineers have won five straight meetings, including a 23-15 road victory last season.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Rose-Hulman head coach Jeff Sokol completed a master's degree in education at Defiance in 1999.