TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (3-1, 2-0 HCAC) travels to Anderson (1-3, 1-1 HCAC) on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference action.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman junior Mike Riley set a school record with five sacks in Saturday's 37-14 win over Defiance. Riley leads NCAA Division III with 11 sacks (2.75/game).
* Matt Murray was named the HCAC Special Teams Player of the Week for the second time this year and the sixth time in his career. The 2016 CoSIDA Academic All-American hit a 30-yard field goal, four extra points and averaged over 48 yards per punt in last week's victory.
* Rose-Hulman ranks first nationally as a team in sacks with 6.00 per game
* Andrew Dion (901 pass yards, 9 TDs) and Parker Lappin (182 pass yards, 4 TDs) have led the Engineer offense so far this season.
* Garrett Wight (257 yards) and Stanley Hogan (193 yards) have provided balance on the ground.
* Raymond Burtnick ranks 4th in NCAA Division III in touchdown receptions with 8.
* Zack Murphy (16 rec., 342 yards., 21.4 avg., 2 TDs) and Noah Thomas (20 rec., 193 yards) have provided receiving depth.
* Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC and ranks No. 5 in NCAA Division III in rushing defense (41.0 yards per game)
* The offensive line has helped Rose-Hulman earn a +17 margin in sack differential so far this season. RHIT has allowed just seven sacks but recorded 24.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Anderson stands 1-3 overall and 1-1 in HCAC play. The Ravens picked up their victory over Earlham by a 27-16 margin on Sept. 16.
* Demontae Hart ranks in the NCAA Division III top 50 in two statistical categories. Hart is tied with teammate Drew Wilson at No. 39 nationally in fumble recoveries (3) and stands No. 44 in passes defended (1.8 per game).
* Drew Wilson ranks No. 2 in the HCAC with 10.0 tackles per game
* Jarrod Hubble (372) and Blake Levy (236) have led the Anderson passing offense and Johnny Ovalle has rushed for 2 TDs.
* Rose-Hulman leads Anderson 15-6 overall and 10-1 in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman has won eight straight meetings, including a 44-10 win last season.
* Anderson's last series win was a 35-31 victory at Rose-Hulman in 2008.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Rose-Hulman's Mike Riley leads all of NCAA football (FBS, FCS, Division II, Division III) with 11 sacks and 2.75 sacks per game this year.