TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (5-1, 4-0 HCAC) travels to Manchester (2-3, 1-2 HCAC) in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference action on Saturday at 1:30 p.m. The game is Homecoming at Manchester.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman enters Saturday's matchup with a 5-1 record and is tied for the top spot in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference with Franklin College at 4-0.
* Junior Mike Riley leads the NCAA (all divisions) in sacks with 13.5 this season. Riley set a school record with five sacks in a victory over Defiance.
* Senior Kaelen Garner ranks No. 3 nationally with two blocked kicks. Other NCAA Division III top 10 ranked individuals include Matt Murray (No. 8 in punting average at 41.8) and Raymond Burtnick (No. 8 in receiving touchdowns with 9).
* Rose-Hulman currently ranks No. 1 in the HCAC in red zone scoring offense and red zone scoring defense.
* The Fightin' Engineers have had three players named to the D3football.com "National Team of the Week" this season. Kaelen Garner (Illinois College), John Kirby (Hanover) and Mike Riley (Defiance) have been honored after wins by the Fightin' Engineers.
* The offensive line has helped Rose-Hulman earn a +27 margin in sack differential so far this season. RHIT has allowed just seven sacks but recorded 34.
* The team's stat leaders include Andrew Dion (1,092 pass yards), Garrett Wight (443 rush yards), Zack Murphy (499 receiving yards), Raymond Burtnick (9 receiving touchdowns), John Kirby (43 tackles), Mike Riley (13.5 sacks) and preseason concensus All-American Alec Thompson (3 interceptions).
* Manchester stands 2-3 on the season and 1-2 in HCAC play entering today's contest.
* The Spartans have defeated Alma 33-31 and Defiance 23-21 so far this season.
* Manchester earned a win in dramatic fashion last week. The Spartans rallied from a 21-14 deficit with a touchdown at the 1:08 mark to close within 21-20. Manchester then recovered an onside kick and Kody Graham hit a 22-yard field goal with 24 seconds left to give the Spartans a conference victory.
* Rose-Hulman leads Manchester 19-8 overall and 10-1 in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman has won seven consecutive meetings, including a 44-9 victory last season.
* Manchester last won in 2009, picking up a 20-17 victory at North Manchester.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Rose-Hulman is ranked in the NCAA Division III overall top three in sacks (#1 at 5.7 per game); tackles-for-loss (#2 at 10 per game); and rushing defense (#3 at 41.5 yards per game).