TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (6-1, 5-0 HCAC) hosts Franklin College (4-2, 4-0 HCAC) in a matchup featuring the last two undefeated teams in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference. The winner will have to lose twice in the remainder of the season to not earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III playoffs.
ROSE-HULMAN FIGHTIN' ENGINEERS (6-1, 5-0 HCAC):
* The Fightin' Engineers are ranked No. 1 in NCAA Division III in sacks recorded per game (5.29).
* The differential between sacks allowed (7) and defensive sacks recorded (38) stands at a school record +31 entering this week's game.
* Kaelen Garner ranks No. 2 in NCAA Division III with three blocked kicks this season.
* Head coach Jeff Sokol enters today's game with the highest winning percentage for a coach in Rose-Hulman history. Sokol has a career mark of 46-22 for a winning percentage of .676.
* The team's stat leaders include Andrew Dion (1,344 pass yards), Garrett Wight (551 rush yards), Stanley Hogan (5 rushing touchdowns), Zack Murphy (511 receiving yards), Raymond Burtnick (12 receiving touchdowns), John Kirby (51 tackles), Mike Riley (15.5 sacks) and preseason concensus All-American Alec Thompson (3 interceptions).
FRANKLIN GRIZZLIES (4-2, 4-0 HCAC):
* Franklin has a record of 54-2 (.964) in HCAC games since 2010.
* The Grizzlies have won 15 consecutive HCAC road games, dating to a 24-17 loss at Bluffton on Nov. 9, 2013.
* Second-team preseason All-American Chase Burton is the reigning HCAC Offensive Most Valuable Player. Burton has career passing totals of 704-1054 (66.8%) for 9,658 yards and 101 touchdowns with just 20 interceptions.
* Sophomore running back Jacob Earl is coming off a 13-carry, 123-yard performance against Earlham that saw him set the program record for most rushing touchdowns in a game with four.
* Franklin is 6-1 all-time when twin brothers Lee and Tanner Wroblewski catch a touchdown in the game. The only game the Grizzlies dropped when each had a TD catch was last year's game against Rose-Hulman.
* Franklin leads 40-24-2 overall and 9-2 in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman won the most recent meeting 23-22 last year at Franklin.
* Franklin had won the previous six meetings prior to last season.
* Rose-Hulman has combined for 7 straight HCAC Championships. Franklin won the league title in 2010-15; Rose-Hulman won the 2016 crown.
CALLING ALL SENIORS:
* Rose-Hulman will honor 30 senior players and senior manager Desiree Antras prior to Saturday's game.
* Players being honored in a ceremony beginning at 1:05 pm Saturday include Vince Anderson; Michael Balistreri; Camron Borders; Tyler Brutofsky; Raymond Burtnick; Kevin Dufauchard; Michael Elmer; Kaelen Garner; Cam Hart; Mike Henry; Nigel Hensley; Stanley Hogan; Michael Iacono; Nate Jackson; Chris Johannigman; Zach Kanz; Seth Knoll; Kacper Kulesza; Zack Murphy; Jae Murray; Matt Murray; Andrew Peck; Jon Poore; Nick Prather; Tyler Stewart; Alec Thompson; Justin Velasquez; Josh Vincent; Brandon Volmerding; and Parker Young.
DID YOU KNOW?
* Junior Mike Riley is the NCAA all divisions (FBS, FCS, II, III) leader in sacks with 15.5.
* Senior Raymond Burtnick is tied for the NCAA all divisions lead (and is No. 1 in D-III) with 12 touchdown receptions.