TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hosts Illinois Institute of Technology in the 2017-18 men's basketball home opener on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at Hulbert Arena.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES (0-2, 0-0 HCAC):
* Rose-Hulman is 0-2 after falling to two solid NCAA D-III programs at the Chicago Midway Classic. Trinity (Texas) topped RHIT 82-75, and Chicago earned an 89-72 victory.
* Ryuji Aoki scored 19 points in both games of the Chicago Midway Classic. Aoki was 8-14 from the floor against Trinity and a perfect 8-8 on the foul line vs. Chicago.
* Rose-Hulman finished 36-44 on the free throw line against Chicago.
* Craig McGee became the first Fightin' Engineer to score 20 points in a game this season with a 12-13 effort on the free throw line at Chicago.
* In the Trinity contest, Charlie Aimone (17 points) and John Czarnecki (15) joined Aoki in double figures in scoring.
* The last game starting lineup for Rose-Hulman featured Jacob Back (3.5 ppg), Charlie Aimone (12.0 ppg), John Czarnecki (10.5 ppg), Craig McGee (10.0 ppg) and Ryuji Aoki (19.0 ppg).
ILLINOIS TECH NEWS & NOTES (2-0):
* Illinois Tech is 2-0 on the young season with a 70-66 overtime win over Gustavus Adolphus and a 70-69 overtime victory at North Park.
* Four players have combined for 90% of the Scarlet Hawks scoring this season.
* Top scorers for the Scarlet Hawks include Anthony Mosley (18.5 ppg); Jake Digiorgio (17.5 ppg); Max Hisatake (14.5 ppg); and Malik Howze (12.5 ppg).
* Rose-Hulman leads Illinois Tech 10-4, but the Scarlet Hawks have earned narrow wins in each of the last two seasons.