TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology looks to extend its six-game winning streak with a home matchup against Franklin on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. A seven-game winning streak would tie the longest in the Rusty Loyd era as Rose-Hulman head coach.
ROSE-HULMAN NEWS & NOTES (7-6, 5-1 HCAC):
* Rose-Hulman has moved into second place in the HCAC standings with its current six-game winning streak.
* The Fightin' Engineers have increased their scoring average to 77.3 points per game in conference play and are shooting 54% from the field in HCAC play.
* Craig McGee leads the Fightin' Engineers in scoring (13.1 points per game), rebounds (68), assists (68) and steals (14). McGee averaged a double-double (13 points and 10 assists per game) during last week's two road wins.
* Rose-Hulman has a balanced scoring attack featuring four players in double figures: McGee (13.1), Ryuji Aoki (12.5 ppg), Charlie Aimone (11.1 ppg) and Luke Callahan (10.6 ppg).
* After the Franklin game, Rose-Hulman hosts Bluffton on Saturday with a special 1 pm start time.
FRANKLIN NEWS & NOTES (3-10, 2-4 HCAC):
* Franklin has been extremely competitive in HCAC play, with all six of their league games decided by seven points or less.
* The Grizzlies have wins over Manchester and Anderson, along with narrow losses to Mount St. Joseph (1 point), Bluffton (3 points), Defiance (4 points) and Hanover (7 points).
* John Beineke leads Franklin in scoring at 15.3 points per game. Danny Goggans adds 10.5 points and 7.7 rebounds, with Sam Gutierrez adding 10.2 points per contest.
* Franklin has outrebounded (+2.0 rpg) and outshot (+0.7%) its opponents from the field this season.
* Franklin leads 42-33 overall, but Rose-Hulman holds a 15-7 lead in HCAC play. Rose-Hulman has won the last 12 meetings dating back to the 2010-11 season.