TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - The Rose-Hulman men's basketball team hits the road for a key HCAC showdown against Mount St. Joseph on Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. MSJ leads the HCAC by one game over three teams, including Rose-Hulman, in the race for the league's regular season title and hosting rights to the conference tournament.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman has won nine of its last 10 games to move into contention in the HCAC. The Engineers are also 5-0 in HCAC road games.
* Craig McGee leads the team in scoring (13.4 ppg), rebounds (84), assists (90) & steals (22).
* Rose-Hulman has four players averaging in double figures for a balanced scoring attack. Craig McGee leads the team at 13.4 points per game, followed by Ryuji Aoki (12.1), Charlie Aimone (12.1) and Luke Callahan (10.6).
* The Fightin' Engineers have an 8-2 record in league play due mainly to an offensive effort that averages 76.1 points per game and shoots 52.6% from the field in league play.
* Ryuji Aoki leads NCAA Division III men's basketball player sin free-throw accuracy at 95.9% entering this week's play.
* Head coach Rusty Loyd has a 56-41 career record in his 4th season at Rose-Hulman.
Mount St. Joseph News & Notes
* Mount St. Joseph stands 9-1 in league play, with its only loss coming to preseason conference favorite Hanover.
* The balanced scoring attack features three starters in double figures, led by Andrew Finley at 14.7 points per game.
* Other double-figure scorers include Erik Edwards (13.5 ppg) and Adam Goetz (12.2 ppg).
* Head coach Toby Carrigan has a 102-73 career record in his 7th season at Mount St. Joseph.
* Mount St. Joseph leads Rose-Hulman 15-10 in a series that began when the Fightin' Engineers joined the HCAC in 2006-07.
* Mount St. Joseph has won the last six meetings, including three overtime wins in the five-game stretch. The Lions won 84-68 at Hulbert Arena on Dec. 6.