TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - The Rose-Hulman men's basketball team hosts Earlham College in the annual John Mutchner Cup Game on Saturday at 4 p.m. The John Mutchner Cup is named for the former men's basketball coach and athletic director at Rose-Hulman, who was also a standout athlete at Earlham. He has been inducted into the Athletic Hall of Fame at both institutions. The Cup is awarded once annually, with this year's game at Rose-Hulman serving as the matchup.
Rose-Hulman (14-8, 12-3 HCAC) News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman has won 13 of its last 15 games to move into a three-way tie for first place in the HCAC standings.
* Craig McGee is the reigning HCAC Player of the Week after averaging 20.5 points, 6.0 rebounds and 6.5 assists per game in two overtime wins last week.
* McGee leads the team in scoring (14.5 ppg), rebounds (118), assists (119) & steals (30).
* Rose-Hulman has four players averaging in double figures for a balanced scoring attack. Craig McGee leads the team at 14.5 points per game, followed by Charlie Aimone (12.0), Ryuji Aoki (11.2) and Luke Callahan (10.6).
* Ryuji Aoki ranks among the national leaders in free-throw accuracy at 95.9% entering this week's play.
* Head coach Rusty Loyd has a 60-42 career record in his 4th season at Rose-Hulman.
SENIOR DAY NOTES
* Rose-Hulman will honor its five seniors prior to their final regular season home game on Saturday.
* Aaron Eldridge will complete his Rose-Hulman mechanical engineering degree in just three years. On campus, Aaron is a member of Engineers Without Borders and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes.
* Josh Richey has appeared in 18 games with 16 points and 13 rebounds as a four-year player. On campus, he has served as financial chair for the National Society of Black Engineers.
* Stephen Schueth has started 65 games with 501 points, 238 rebounds and 133 assists at RHIT. On campus, Stephen is a member of the Alpha Lambda Delta fraternity and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
* Kyle Steckel has appeared in 79 games with 100 points, 52 rebounds and 92 assists as an Engineer. On campus, Kyle is a member of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers and serves on the Student Athlete Advisory Committee
* JT Whitaker has appeared in 63 games with 110 points, 73 rebounds, 20 blocks and 11 steals. On campus, JT is a member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers and the Phi Gamma Delta fraternity.
Earlham (6-16, 4-11 HCAC) News & Notes
* Earlham won back-to-back games over Bluffton and Anderson to move into contention for an HCAC Tournament spot, before falling in its last three games.
* The Quakers average 76.0 points per game with one of the league's top ranked offenses.
* Elijah Wilson-Thomas has crossed 1,000 points in his Earlham career and leads the team in scoring at 17.2 points per game.
* Darrell Hutchison Jr. (14.4 ppg) and Jamel Barnes (9.7 ppg) have also provided depth.
* Rose-Hulman leads Earlham 56-54 overall and 14-1 in HCAC games.
* The Fightin' Engineers have nine eight straight in the series, including a 90-75 victory in Richmond on Jan. 6.