TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – As the 2017 Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference men's soccer season enters its final stretch, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology will look to win its sixth consecutive match this Saturday when the Fightin' Engineers travel to Bluffton University. Kickoff from Ohio is slated for 3:30 p.m. on the 21st.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* The Fightin' Engineers are currently in a three-way tie atop the HCAC standings with a league record of 5-1. Transylvania and Hanover are also 5-1 in league action this season.
* Rose-Hulman is 10-4-1 overall and the team is unbeaten in the month of October.
* On Wednesday October 18th, Rose-Hulman earned a 3-1 road victory at Mount St. Joseph.
* Will McGowen, Austin Webb, and Michael Simmons have each scored three goals this season. Webb leads the team with seven assists and 13 points.
* Goalie Carter Wright leads Rose-Hulman with six wins, 32 saves and an .842 save percentage.
The Opposition: Bluffton University Beavers (1-13, 1-5 HCAC)
* Bluffton's lone win of the 2017 season came on October 4th; the Beavers defeated Franklin by a final score of 3-0.
* Blake Hershberger leads the team with three goals and six points.
* 10 different players have scored for Bluffton this year.
* BU has utilized four different goalies who have combined for 99 saves.