TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - Four Rose-Hulman men's soccer players will compete in the nation of Brazil this summer. Ethan Butler, Ross Klauer, Brevin Lacy, and Chris Fusaro have all been selected to compete in the USA D-3 Soccer Tour that will run from May 28 through June 6.
Ron Smith of USA Sports Tours & Events announced the tour schedule, teams and coaches for upcoming USA D-3 Soccer Teams – Brazil Tour 2018.
The USA D-3 Soccer Teams are invited NCAA Division III men's and women's players from across the country. This team is comprised of players recognized as All-Americans, All-Region and All-Conference. The 15 women's players represent 10 different colleges and universities and come from 8 different home states. The 16 men's players also hail from 8 different schools and 8 different home states.
The squads will begin with orientation in Orlando, Florida on May 28 before the team flies to Sao Paulo, Brazil that evening. The teams will practice on May 29 in the City of Jundiai before playing their first two matches on May 30 and 31 in the cities of Jundiai and Valinhos. The teams will then travel to Rio de Janeiro on Friday, June 1. The teams will play their third match on Saturday, June 2 and their 4th on Monday, June 6th versus teams from Rio de Janeiro. The two USA D-3 Soccer teams will be competing against top U-22 club teams from the States of Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro. While in Brazil the teams will experience educational, cultural and social aspects of Brazilian life through city, school and sports club visits. While in Rio the team will be staying on the famous Copacabana Beach and touring the Christ the Redeemer Statue and Sugar Loaf Mountain, two of the most recognizable landmarks in the world.
Brad Bankhead of Mary Hardin-Baylor will lead the men's team.
USA D-3 Men's Soccer Team
|Bennett Bugbee||Pacific Lutheran University|
|Ethan Butler||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology|
|Steven Dang||University of Mary Hardin-Baylor|
|Caleb Ford||Berry College|
|Chris Fusaro||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology|
|Marcelo Gaitan||University of Mary Hardin-Baylor|
|Preston Hilis||Hardin-Simmons University|
|Alec Jones||Berry College|
|Nick King||Elmhurst College|
|Ross Klauer||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology|
|Brevin Lacy||Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology|
|Phillip Le||Austin College|
|Martin Lopez||University of Mary Hardin-Baylor|
|Patrick Santini||Gettysburg College|
|Caleb Vandergriff||University of Mary Hardin-Baylor|
|Jake Williamson||Berry College|
Ethan Butler - Fr. - D - Mundelein, Illinois
* Hononrable Mention All-Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference as a freshman
* Started all 18 games that he appeared in in 2017
* Scored one goal and added one assist
* Helped bolster a defense that allowed just 13 goals in 20 games.
Chris Fusaro - Fr. - F - Chandler, Arizona
* Played in 10 games a freshman while making two starts
* Scored one goal and added one assist in his first season at RHIT
Ross Klauer - Jr. - M - Canton, Ohio
* Three-year member of the Rose-Hulman soccer program
* Has appeared in 44 career games including 19 as a junior in 2017
* Has five career goals, one assist, and 11 career points
* Has taken 40 career shots, 28 of which have been on goal
* Academic all-HCAC
Brevin Lacy - Fr. - M - Bothell, Washington
* Appeared in 14 games while making four starts in his freshman season at Rose
* Scored one goal against Manchester in 2017