TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman men's tennis team will open the 2018 season with a matchup against Principia on Saturday afternoon at the Wabash Valley Tennis Center.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman has been picked as the favorite to win the HCAC men's tennis championship this season, in the league coaches poll.
* Rose-Hulman has won three straight HCAC regular season and three straight HCAC Tournaments.
* The Fightin' Engineers have reached the NCAA Division III Tournament for three straight years, highlighted by their first NCAA win last May in a 5-4 victory over Wheaton (Ill.).
* Rose-Hulman enters the 2018 season on a 30-match winning streak against their HCAC competition.
* Cam Metzger has a career singles record of 45-26 and a doubles mark of 51-28.
* Andre Adam is a two-year starter with career records of 38-19 in singles play and 38-21 in doubles matches.
* Principia has a 2-0 record on the young season, with a 7-2 win over Central and a 9-0 victory over Illinois College.
* Last season, the Panthers finished 10-7 overall and 4-0 in conference play.