TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's tennis team will have a busy weekend. The Fightin' Engineers will kickoff a road trip on Friday April 13, when the team travels to face Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference opponent Manchester. Friday's match against Manchester is set to begin at 3 p.m. Rose-Hulman will then travel to Kalamazoo for a pair of matches against No. 18 ranked Case Western Reserve on Saturday at noon and 4 p.m.
In the Rankings
* Rose-Hulman is ranked No. 16 in the ITA Central Region rankings that were released Thursday afternoon. Note there are just four defined regions in NCAA Division III tennis.
* Ian Landwehr is ranked No. 18 in the Central Region singles rankings. Landwehr stands 15-3 at the No. 1 singles flight and is a perfect 13-0 against NCAA Division III competition.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman stands 11-7 on the season.
* The Figthin' Engineers have won seven of their past eight matches.
* RHIT topped Millikin 8-1 on Wednesday in Decatur, Illinois.
* Both Andre Adam and Ian Landwehr have garnered HCAC Player of the Week Honors this season.
* Senior Cam Metzger has been a leader all season for the squad and has posted a 12-4 record in singles play and a 12-6 record in doubles play.
* Manchester is 1-5 overall and 1-1 in HCAC play after defeating Defiance 8-1 on Wednesday.
* Kyler Love and Isaac Miller each have three singles wins for Manchester.
* Love and Garrett Bear have combined for a 3-2 doubles record.
#18 Case Western Reserve Notes
* The Spartans are currently ranked #18 in the nation, according to the ITA poll released on Thursday.
* Case has played one of the toughest schedules in America, playing two matches against NCAA Division I competition and 10 matches against ranked NCAA Division III competition.
* Case has ranked wins over #21 Swarthmore (x2), #35 Hobart and #28 Christopher Newport
* CWRU will play Hope on Friday before facing Rose-Hulman at noon and 4 p.m. on Saturday.