TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology men's and women's swimming and diving teams return to action at the Transylvania Invitational on Saturday and Sunday. The meet will be held at the University of Kentucky Natatorium and is the team's 'mid-season meet' before taking a break from competition until January.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* The Rose-Hulman men's swimming and diving team is ranked No. 10 in the first College Swimming Coaches Association of America Men's Central Regional Rankings, released in November.
* Sean Gish was named the inaugural HCAC Men's Swimmer of the Week for his efforts in the dual meet win at Anderson on Nov. 17.
* The Rose-Hulman men have a dual meet record of 8-2 this season. The women's squad has a dual record of 6-7 entering this weekend's action.
* The men's squad has won each three straight meets, topping Wabash, Division I Valparaiso and Anderson. The women's team won at Anderson after a narrow loss to Valparaiso in dual meet action.
* The roster includes three team members who won conference titles in Rose-Hulman's former league: Cam Gill (400 freestyle relay in 2015); Patrick King (200 butterfly in 2015 & 2016); and Ben Stone (400 & 800 freestyle relay in 2015)
* Current men's team members with school records include: Cam Gill (200 Backstroke, 800 Free Relay); Tyler Sariscsany (200 Free Relay) and Ben Stone (400 IM, 800 Free Relay).
* Current women's team members with school records include: Lauren Blake (200 Medley Relay, 400 Medley Relay, 800 Free Relay); Bethany Lefeber (100 Butterfly, 200 Butterfly, 200 IM, 200 Medley Relay, 400 Medley Relay); and Maria Kline (500 Free, 1000 Free, 1650 Free, 800 Free Relay).
* After this weekend's action, Rose-Hulman travels to DePauw on Friday Jan. 12 and hosts Illinois Wesleyan on Saturday Jan. 13.