TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's basketball team begins a stretch of four consecutive games against NCAA Division III Top 25 foes, facing #10/#13 ranked Hope on Saturday at 3 p.m.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes (1-0):
- Rose-Hulman handled Finlandia 78-31 in the season opener on Friday night. Read last night's full recap here.
- Rose-Hulman has posted an overall record of 47-8 over the past two seasons with two Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference regular season championships, one HCAC Tournament title and one trip to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
- RHIT is receiving votes in both the D3Hoops.com and WBCA Preseason Top 25 polls. Rose-Hulman has received a school record 11 votes in the D3Hoops.com Top 25 poll.
- Rose returns seven of its top nine scorers from last year's team. All-HCAC performers Alyzia Dilworth (8.3 ppg, 4.2 rpg), Abby Bromenschenkel (7.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg), and Ally Bromenschenkel (13.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg) all return to lead Rose-Hulman.
- Head Coach Jon Prevo enters his 12th season at the helm of the RHIT women's basketball program. He owns a career record of 147-142 (.507).
Hope College Flying Dutch (1-0)
- Hope handled Heidelberg 105-50 in the season opener on Friday night. Read last night's full recap here.
- Hope College went 24-5 in 2016-17 and advanced to the NCAA Division III Tournament sectional semifinals.
- The Flying Dutch enter the season ranked tied for 10th in the WBCA Preseason Top 25 poll and 13th in the D3Hoops.com Preseason Top 25 poll.