TERRE HAUTE, Ind. – The Rose-Hulman women's basketball team will gear up for another tough road test when the team travels to No. 22 University of Chicago on Tuesday November 21. Tipoff between the Fightin' Engineers and Maroons is set for 7 p.m. ET (6 p.m. CT).
Rose-Hulman News & Notes:
* Rose-Hulman stands 1-1 on the young season. RHIT raced past Finlandia University 78-31 in the season opener on Friday November 17. Rose-Hulman was then narrowly edged by tenth-ranked Hope College on Saturday November 18 by a final score of 63-58.
* Ally Bromenschenkel and Chiarra Franklin were named to the All-Tournament Team at the Hope College Tip-Off Tournament this past weekend. Bromenschenkel led the Rose-Hulman offense with 14 points against Finlandia and 22 against No. 10 Hope. She also collected seven and nine boards in the two games in Michigan. Franklin came off the bench in both weekend contests and contributed 10 and 12 points respectively. She added seven rebounds in the game against Hope.
*Last season these two teams met in Terre Haute. Rose-Hulman topped Chicago by a final score of 61-58 in Hulbert Arena.
The Opponent: #22 University of Chicago Maroons (2-1)
* Chicago entered the season ranked No. 22 in the D3Hoops.com Top 25 poll.
* The Maroons have defeated Lake Forest and Colorado College this season.
* Chicago's only loss came against No. 25 Illinois Wesleyan by a final score of 77-56.
* Taylor Lake leads U of C in scoring with 13.3 ppg. Obi Olariche is currently averaging a double-double with 10.7 ppg and 10.7 rpg.