TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's basketball team will look to defend the nation's longest NCAA Division III women's basketball home winning streak Saturday against Bluffton. Rose has won 30 straight contests in Hulbert Arena. The game serves a higher purpose as Rose-Hulman hosts its annual Breast Cancer Awareness Day. Prior to the tip of the women's contest on Saturday, over 40 breast cancer survivors from the Wabash Valley will be honored at approximately 2:45 p.m. Tipoff against Bluffton will be at 3:30 p.m.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman is currently on a nine-game winning streak heading into Saturday's HCAC showdown with Bluffton.
* The Fightin' Engineers stand 11-3, 7-0 on the season.
* Rose earned a dominant road win at Franklin College on Wednesday January 10, defeating the Grizzlies by a final score of 74-41.
* Junior Ally Bromenschenkel leads the squad with 14.4 ppg and 8.5 rpg. She was named HCAC Player of the Week on Monday January 8.
* Junior Chiarra Franklin ranks second on the team in scoring and rebounding with 11.4 ppg, and 5.9 rpg. She was named HCAC Player of the Week on December 11.
Bluffton News & Notes
* Bluffton lurks right behind Rose-Hulman in the HCAC Standings with an overall record of 11-3 and a league mark of 6-1.
* BU has won three straight heading into Saturday's matchup in Hulbert Arena.
* The Beavers have three players scoring in double figures: senior Kaycee Rowe leads the team with 16.1 ppg, senior Macey Sheerer is second with 15.6 ppg, and sophomore TJ Mills is third with 11.4 ppg.
* Bluffton defeated Defiance on Wednesday January 10 77-62 in the team's most recent game.
* Both the Fightin' Engineers and Beavers sport 11-3 records heading into today's HCAC showdown.
* Both Rose-Hulman and Bluffton have finished atop the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference standings the past few seasons.
* The Beavers are 12-11 against RHIT since 2006.
* Over the past 10 meetings the series is dead even at 5-5.
* Rose-Hulman has won the past two matchups, sweeping Bluffton in both games last season.