TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's soccer team will host their 2017 Grey Matters Awareness Game Thursday Sept. 14 at 7 P.M. at Intramural Field. The Fightin' Engineers will host the DePauw University Tigers.
Rose-Hulman has witnessed first-hand the impact of battles with brain cancer and the strength required to navigate through these challenges. Fightin' Engineers head coach Amy Helliwell continues to lead the women's soccer program during her fight. The Grey Matters Game is held to honor those among the 700,000 individuals in the United States battling brain cancer. Fans are encouraged to wear grey to the game.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* RHIT defeated Principia College 7-1 on Tuesday Sept. 12 for the team's second win of the season.
* Sophomore Jessica Wells recorded a hat trick against the Panthers and leads Rose-Hulman with seven points.
* Madeline Romeo scored her first goal of 2017 and assisted on two other goals on Tuesday. Lauren London also had two assists in the win over Principia.
The Opposition: DePauw University Tigers (0-3-0)
* The Tigers have had three challenging matches this season, falling to #1 Washington Unviversity (Mo.), Ohio Northern, and Capital.
* Senior Bridget Brendza has scored the lone goal of the season for DePauw.
* Goalies Natalie Sheeks and Mia Manney have combined for 22 saves this season.