TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology women's tennis team will compete in three matches over three days this week.
Rose-Hulman will travel to Manchester on Thursday at 3 p.m.; travel to IU-East on Friday at 1:30 p.m.; and host Earlham in the regular season finale on Saturday at 11 a.m.
Rose-Hulman has clinched a bid to the six-team HCAC Tournament that begins Friday Oct. 20 at West Racquet Club.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes (6-2, 3-2 HCAC)
* The Engineers are currently 6-2 in 2017 with a 3-2 mark in Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference matches.
* Rose-Hulman has clinched a bid to the HCAC Tournament. Round one takes place Fri. Oct. 20 at 6:30 p.m.; the semifinal round is set for Sat. Oct. 21 at 1 p.m.; and the title match is set for Sun. Oct. 22 at 10 a.m. All matches are at West Indy Racquet Club in the single-elimination event.
* Fanny-Jane Banda and Linde Schaffer lead the team with eight singles win each. Naomi Bhagat has added a 7-2 record, with a perfect 7-0 mark in dual matches this season.
* Bella Evans has a career record of 41-14, and Bhagat has the team's highest career singles winning percentage at .846 (22-4).
* The doubles tema of Bhagat and Anna Thompson have combined for six wins this season.
Manchester Spartans (3-4, 3-2 HCAC)
* Manchester has a 3-2 record in HCAC play, with wins over Mount St. Joseph, Earlham and Defiance.
* Erin Cordill leads the Spartans with five singles victories. Katy Ashpole and Katie Peden have combined for a 5-2 doubles record.
Indiana University-East Red Wolves (5-0)
* IU-East has won all four matches this season, including a 7-2 win over Franklin College in the HCAC.
* The Red Wolves finished 15-10 last year.
Earlham Quakers (5-5, 1-3 HCAC)
* Earlham stands 5-5 on the season, highlighted by a conference win over Defiance.
* Yunjoo Shin leads the Quakers with a 9-1 overall record and six consecutive wins at primarily the No. 3 position.