TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Fightin' Engineer volleyball team will host day two of the Rose-Hulman Invitational on Saturday.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 4-2 so far this season. The team finished 3-1 at Washington University last week, then split two matches to open this weekend's event last night.
* Rose-Hulman defeated a nationally ranked team for the first time in program history on Saturday against No. 20 ranked Hendrix.
* Adetike Oladipupo was named to the all-tournament team at the Washington University Invitational for her efforts in the team's successful weekend.
* Two Rose-Hulman players were named first-team all-HCAC and first-time CoSIDA Academic All-District in 2016. Senior Gabi Razma and junior Bailey MacInnis both earned first-team all-league recognition for their efforts on the court and were named to one of six spots on the CoSIDA Academic All-District VII Team for their combined efforts in the classroom.
* Rose-Hulman was picked to finish 4th in the HCAC this season, according to the league coaches poll released August 11. The team finished 15-17 last season and advanced to the semifinals of the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Tournament.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* North Central is 4-0 on the season, with wins over Maranatha Baptist, Concordia Chicago, Illinois College and Anderson.
* Illinois College stands 3-3 overall, with wins over Fontbonne, Blackburn and Culver-Stockton.