TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman volleyball team will travel to Bloomington, Illinois this weekend to compete in the Barker Chevrolet Volleyball Classic hosted by Illinois Wesleyan University. The Fightin' Engineers will square off against No. 19 Illinois Wesleyan and receiving votes University of Chicago on Friday evening. The team will the face No. 25 Cornell College and eighth-ranked Millikin on Saturday.
The only match with live coverage this weekend is the Friday opener vs. Illinois Wesleyan. COVERAGE LINK
Figthin' Engineer News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman stands 9-5 on the season.
* The Fightin' Engineers defeated Greenville University on Tuesday September 19 in straight sets by scores of 25-23, 25-12, and 25-18.
* Junior Bailey MacInnis leads the team with 152 kills this season. Freshman Grace Beach is having a strong freshman campaign with 106 kills through 14 matches.
* Katie Orbeta and Alison Rogozinski lead RHIT with 277 and 171 assists.
* Gabi Razma and Adekite Oladipupo are helping anchor the Rose-Hulman defense with 252 and 136 digs.
Friday Night's Opponents: #19 Illinois Wesleyan Titans (7-4) & University of Chicago Maroons (7-3)
* Illinois Wesleyan has played nationally-ranked opponents in Wittenberg, Calvin, Emory, Johns Hopkins, Hope, Ohio Northern, and Washington (Mo.).
* Four of their six wins this year have come against top-25 programs.
* Tyler Brown and Rachel Burkman lead the squad with 150 and 120 kills respectively.
* Chicago is currently receiving votes for the NCAA Division III Top-25 poll.
* The Maroons have played two top-25 opponents in Illinois Wesleyan and Gustavus Adolphus.
* Emma Griffith leads Chicago with 340 assists.
* Three different players have tallied more than 100 kills (Audrey Scrafford 128, Sarah Muisenga 123, and Anabelle Pinton 105).
Saturday's Opponents: #8 Millikin Big Blue (9-1) & #25 Cornell College Rams (11-2)
* Millikin has moved into the AVCA national top 10 after a 9-1 start, including a win at No. 7 ranked Claremont-Mudd-Scripps.
* The Big Blue won their first six matches and enter the IWU Invitational with three straight wins.
* Erin Syversen (143) and Alora Goodey (136) are over 100 kills so far this season for a team hitting .253.
* Cornell College has won six straight matches to enter the AVCA Top 25.
* The Rams defeated teams ranked No. 3 (Washington U.) and No. 20 (Hendrix) at the time during the Washington U. Invitational.
* Libby Schnoor (174), Nicole Ciari (117) and Diamond Boyd (116) each have more than 100 kills for Cornell.