TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology volleyball team opens Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference play with a home game against Manchester University on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 10-8 this season with the first two wins over NCAA Division III top 25 programs in school history.
* Rose-Hulman defeated No. 8 ranked Millikin on Sept. 23 after defeating No. 20 ranked Hendrix on Sept. 1.
* Grace Beach is the reigning HCAC Player of the Week for her efforts in five matches last week, including 64 kills and 22 digs.
* Gabi Razma holds the career school record with 2,323 digs. Razma was named to the All-Tournament Teams at DePauw and Illinois Wesleyan.
* Adekite Oladipupo (Washington U.) and Bailey MacInnis (Rose-Hulman) have also been named to All-Tournment Teams this season.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Manchester has an 8-4 record and is the early leader in HCAC play after defeating Franklin 3-2 on Saturday.
* Manchester enters tonight's match on a 6-game winning streak.
* Haley Duncan (97) and Emma DeWitt (94) lead the team in kills this season.
* Rose-Hulman leads the all-time series with Manchester 10-8.
* Rose-Hulman leads the HCAC series 7-4 and has won seven of the last eight meetings.
* Manchester mostly recently defeated Rose-Hulman in 2015 at North Manchester.