TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- The Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology volleyball team hits the road for a matchup at Transylvania University on Saturday at 2 p.m.
RHIT NEWS & NOTES:
* Rose-Hulman stands 11-8 this season with the first two wins over NCAA Division III top 25 programs in school history.
* Rose-Hulman defeated No. 8 ranked Millikin on Sept. 23 after defeating No. 20 ranked Hendrix on Sept. 1.
* The Fightin' Engineers are 1-0 in HCAC play after sweeping Manchester in three sets on Wednesday night.
* Grace Beach is the reigning HCAC Player of the Week for her efforts in five matches last week, including 64 kills and 22 digs.
* Gabi Razma holds the career school record with 2,339 digs. Razma was named to the All-Tournament Teams at DePauw and Illinois Wesleyan.
* Adekite Oladipupo (Washington U.) and Bailey MacInnis (Rose-Hulman) have also been named to All-Tournment Teams this season.
MEET THE OPPOSITION:
* Transylvania has a 10-5 overall record entering its HCAC opener on Saturday.
* Transylvania swept Wilmington in three sets in its most recent match on Tuesday.
* Jordan Horne (174) and Ellie Stigger (107) have crossed the 100-kills mark this season.
* Rose-Hulman leads the all-time series with Transylvania 9-6, including a 9-5 mark in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman has won four straight meetings, including meetings in the regular season and conference tournament in 2016.
* Transylvania mostly recently defeated Rose-Hulman in 2013 at Lexington, Ky.