TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology hits the road for the Ohio Northern Triangular on Friday and Saturday. The Fightin' Engineers will play three non-conference matches over the two-day event.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes (14-9, 4-1 HCAC)
* Rose-Hulman improved to 14-9 on the season with a 4-set win at Franklin that improved the Fightin' Engineers to 4-1 in HCAC play.
* Junior Bailey MacInnis recorded the second-most kills in a match in Rose-Hulman history against Bluffton with 26 kills. She is closing in on Rose-Hulman's career top 10 in kills at 763.
* Senior Mackenzie Gossard ranks No. 3 in school history with 254 career block assists, and stands No. 7 on the career total blocks list at 290.
* Senior Gabi Razma is Rose-Hulman's career school record holder for digs with 2,458.
* Senior Becca Poppel has tallied career totals of 573 kills and 741 digs after 16 kills vs. Bluffton and 13 kills vs. Franklin.
* Sophomore Katie Orbeta has recorded two triple-doubles for kills-assists-digs this season. She accomplished the feat against Transylvania and Bluffton.
* The Fightin' Engineers have defeated two nationally ranked opponents this season - No. 8 Millikin University and No. 20 Hendrix College.
#21 Ohio Northern Polar Bears (18-4, 3-1 OAC)
* Ohio Northern is ranked No. 21 in the latest NCAA Division III AVCA Coaches Poll.
* The Polar Bears have won nine of their last 10 matches.
* Ohio Northern swept HCAC foes Mount St. Joseph, Hanover, Defiance and Bluffton in the OAC/HCAC Challenge on Sept. 22-23.
Albion Britons (12-8, 6-4 MIAA)
* Albion has won four of its last five matches entering Friday's contests against Ohio Northern and Rose-Hulman.
* The Britons are on a two-match winning streak after five-set conference wins over Trine and Olivet.
* Albion has faced two HCAC opponents this season - a 4-set win over Anderson and a 4-set loss to Manchester.
John Carroll (5-19, 1-3 OAC)
* John Carroll picked up a conference victory by sweeping Wilmington on Sept. 30.
* John Carroll finished 1-3 at the OAC/HCAC Challenge on Sept. 22-23. The Blue Streaks defeated Mount St. Joseph in three sets, and dropped three-set matches to Bluffton, Defiance and Hanover.
* Rose-Hulman has never played Ohio Northern or John Carroll.
* Rose-Hulman leads Albion 2-1. The Fightin' Engineers won the last series meeting in straight sets in 2011.