TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Second-seeded Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (19-11) will face third-seeded Transylvania University (20-9) in the Heartland Collegiate Athletic Conference Semifinal Match on Saturday at 5 p.m. at Hanover College. The winner of Saturday's match will either face No. 1 seed Hanover (24-5) or No. 4 seed Bluffton (19-10) on Sunday at 1 p.m. in the HCAC Championship Match at Hanover.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman finished 19-11 in the regular season for its best record since 2012.
* Rose-Hulman has earned its best season in program history in a conference tournament (No. 2) and its first bye into the semifinal round in its HCAC history.
* The Fightin' Engineers finished 7-2 in HCAC play for their best conference record since winning a share of the title in 2011.
* Rose-Hulman has won five of its last six matches entering Saturday's semifinal game.
* Rose-Hulman seeks its second ever HCAC Tournament championship - and automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament - this weekend. The first occurred in 2011.
* Gabi Razma is the Fightin' Engineer career school record holder with 2,613 digs.
* Mackenzie Gossard ranks No. 2 in Rose-Hulman history in career block assists (274) and No. 5 in total blocks (312).
* Bailey MacInnis needs just 25 kills to reach Rose-Hulman's career top 10 with one season still remaining. Only four players have crossed 1,000 kills at Rose-Hulman.
The Opponent: Transylvania Pioneers
* Transylvania enters today's match at 20-9 overall and tied Rose-Hulman at 7-2 in the HCAC regular season standings.
* This year marks Transylvania's best season since a 23-12 record in 2013.
* Transylvania won eight straight matches before falling to DePauw and Washington (Mo.) in the Washington University Invitational Oct. 27-28.
* Team statistical leaders include Jordan Horne (340 kills), Hannah Talkers (942 assists) and Marissa Coutinho (532 digs).
* Rose-Hulman leads the all-time series with Transylvania 10-6, including a 10-5 mark in HCAC play.
* Rose-Hulman has won five straight meetings, including a four-set match at Transylvania earlier this season.
* Transylvania mostly recently defeated Rose-Hulman in 2013 at Lexington, Ky.