HANOVER, Ind. -- Second-seeded Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology (20-11) will face top-seeded Hanover (25-5) on Sunday at 1 p.m. in the HCAC Championship Match at Hanover. The winner will earn an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III Tournament.
Rose-Hulman News & Notes
* Rose-Hulman makes its second appearance in the HCAC Tournament Championship Match (2011).
* The Fightin' Engineers won their only previous HCAC Tournament Championship Match appearance, defeating Bluffton in a match at Hanover to win the 2011 league title.
* Rose-Hulman seeks its second NCAA Division III Tournament appearance in program history. The first occurred in 2011.
* Rose-Hulman stands 20-11 overall (7-2 in HCAC regular season) under the direction of interim head coach Heather (Schierer) Davis.
* Coach Davis was on the floor as a member of the Bluffton volleyball team when Rose-Hulman won the 2011 HCAC title at Hanover.
* Rose-Hulman comes into Sunday's HCAC Championship Match with six wins in its last seven games.
* Gabi Razma is the Fightin' Engineer career school record holder with 2,639 digs.
* Mackenzie Gossard ranks No. 2 in Rose-Hulman history in career block assists (277) and No. 5 in total blocks (316).
* Bailey MacInnis has tallied 854 career kills and needs just six on Sunday to reach Rose-Hulman's career top 10 with one season still remaining. Only four players have crossed 1,000 kills at Rose-Hulman.
The Opponent: Hanover Panthers
* Hanover enters the HCAC Tournament Championship Match with a 25-5 record and was a perfect 9-0 in conference play this season.
* Hanover has earned a spot in the HCAC Tournament Championship Match for the third straight years. Bluffton topped the Panthers in each of the last two title matches.
* Hanover enters the championship match on a 14-game winning streak.
* Hanover, like Rose-Hulman, seeks its second trip to the NCAA Division III Tournament. The Panthers previously qualified for the NCAA Tournament in 2007.
* Statistical leaders for Hanover include Margo Main (260 kills), Kristin Goben (257 kills), Haley Alexander (575 assists), Abby Crump (549 assists) and Monique Huynh (531 digs).
* Hanover leads Rose-Hulman 18-9 and 10-8 in the HCAC era.
* Hanover has won the last two meetings, including a four-set win at Rose-Hulman in October.
* The Fightin' Engineers last defeated Hanover at the DePauw Invitational in 2016.